What is supply?
–If it meets the following requirements it is a supply in UAE:
- Provides Goods or Service
- In UAE
- For Some Consideration – i.e. Money or Kind (inclusive of VAT)
- By a Person
- In the Normal Course of Conducting the Business
What is Place of supply?
Place of supply decides whether the company has to pay tax within the UAE, outside UAE or not pay anything at all.
If the place of supply is within UAE, the company will have to pay tax to the UAE.
If the place of supply is outside UAE, the company does not have to pay tax within the UAE and –
- The company has to pay tax the government where the place of supply is, if it is taxable there.
- The company does not have to pay tax the government where the place of supply is, if it is not taxable there.
We, at msi Alnoman and Ravi, are qualified to assist you through every step for your business. Our thorough knowledge in this field is ideal to guide your business, minimizing risk, to benefit your business.
Stay posted to know more about other VAT rules.To find more information on VAT you can visit the following:–
- Ministry of Finance
- Introduction to VAT
- Understanding VAT
- What do we need to when VAT comes into effect?
- Special VAT rules
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Categories of VAT
- Administration of VAT -FTA
- Time of supply